shimond007

Stel jezelf voor.
Plaats reactie
shimond007
Soldaat

shimond007

Bericht door shimond007 » 16-08-2013 10:42

Hello everyone,

i am an italian living in the netherlands, Amsterdam, when i lived in my hometown Pisa i was a memeber of "compagnia del cerruglio" an old wargaming club and recently i saw they are all playing Bolt Action. Of course i trust their judgement and i recently bought Assault on Normandy (as well as some flames of war but i am still waiting my order.....if i knew it better i would have gone directly to Subculture hobby shop, really nice guy and huge stock of minis).

Thanks to Dutch Granadier i found this forum, i hope to find people to play with (or even better a club) and suggestions/advices on painting, modelling and playing. I am still reading the book but it seems quite good so far, i also watched the fantastic demo game from beast of war and i have to say i got hooked after 20 minutes, really amazing.

My only complaint is that in Amsterdam there is only GW with their overpriced colours/modelling tools but i really cannot wait to start some serious modelling/painting.

Sorry but i don't speak/read dutch at all (kind of lazy language learner, i had to learn english first for working reason and to learn another language now it's kind of difficult...) but the amazing goole translator will help me understand the various topic.

Ciao!

Simone (not a girl :wink: )
My wargaming projects blog
http://wargamesamsterdam.wordpress.com/

Firecrack
Soldaat

Bericht door Firecrack » 16-08-2013 13:58

Hi and Welcome!

What army are you going to play?

You know Flames of War is alot smaller than Bolt Action and can't be used together right?

And how long your are going to be in The Netherlands?

Cheers, Rogier

shimond007
Soldaat

Bericht door shimond007 » 16-08-2013 14:39

Hi Rogier, i am all for the germans this time, i used to play FOW since first edition with my soviets horde so now i will go for the germans for both FOW and BA at least i can use the same paints for both armies eheh

Yes, i am aware they are 2 different systems and i love both scale, 15mm of FOW will allow me to fields all the tanks and vehicles i like and with BA i will enjoy some proper 28mm wargame which i used to love when i was a player of 3rd warhammer fantasy and 2nd 40K.

I am living in the Netherlands 5 year last month and i have no plan to go back, i am really happy here and now that i am settled down in a proper way i can go back to my old hobby :)

Firecrack
Soldaat

Bericht door Firecrack » 16-08-2013 15:35

Nice! I play germans aswell but maybe we can play a game sometime! I'm not very near Amsterdam (Maassluis) but maybe in the future we can play a game at Subcultures.

Dutch Grenadier
Beheerder

Bericht door Dutch Grenadier » 16-08-2013 17:13

Welcome Simone!

ff voor iedereen. Dit is een forum voor Nederlandstalige Bolt Action spelers maar er zijn uiteraard uitzonderingen. Mensen die wel in Nederland wonen maar de taal nog niet helemaal machtig zijn, zijn uiteraard ook welkom :D
"Forever trust who we are"

Ronaldus Rex
Soldaat

Bericht door Ronaldus Rex » 16-08-2013 17:22

Benvenuto, e ci vediamo sul campo di battaglia.
Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita,
mi ritrovai per una selva oscura,
ché la diritta via era smarrita.

shimond007
Soldaat

Bericht door shimond007 » 17-08-2013 09:38

Thanks for the sympathy Dutch Grenadier, just found an model winkel in amsterdam, time to go buy some paints!!!

Ronaldus, parli italiano?

Dutch Grenadier
Beheerder

Bericht door Dutch Grenadier » 17-08-2013 11:02

shimond007 schreef:Thanks for the sympathy Dutch Grenadier
Your welcome mate. A friend of mine is also a member and he is a Brit living in Holland. There is a tournament on the 9th of november in Arnhem. See the toernament section for more info. If you a 1000 points ready by the. Tou are most welcome. And some of uw have more armies so it's possible to lent an army.
"Forever trust who we are"

Ronaldus Rex
Soldaat

Bericht door Ronaldus Rex » 18-08-2013 20:05

shimond007 schreef:
Ronaldus, parli italiano?
Io non parlo italiano, ma non ho mai letto Dante in italiano.
Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita,
mi ritrovai per una selva oscura,
ché la diritta via era smarrita.

Plaats reactie